Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Mini me's potato chips

Let's shift our attention from the London O12 to Q in the mid east. This is Jean Nouvel's proposal for the National Museum in Qatar (post in ArchDaily). According to Jean "mini me" Nouvel, his design can likened to a bladelike petal of the desert rose....do i hear Sting singin? It will be the first thing you will see once you arrive at the airport of Qatar. I must admit that it is a fresh take in architecture (although im not sure)... I like the interlocking of the discs....they look like mutant clamshells. From afar, i am sure that light will give this structure a dramatic effect. You can associate so many things to it..like jean nouvel's dishwasher. I would also suggest two or three circular ponds, in it are different water features....mustard, ketchup, and mayo..dips for your pringles....once you pop you can't stop.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis